Have you already booked the summer holidays? Or do you prefer to look for some sunbeams during the gray dark months. Most people choose a sunny destination for a holiday. Enjoy the wonderful sunbeams on the beach, the beautiful sunset during a dinner. Or bake by the pool for a nice tan. We love the sun! Our skin, however, becomes a little less happy with the sun. It is therefore extremely important to properly protect your skin against the sun's rays. But did you know that not only your skin is sensitive to the sun? The sun also has a negative effect on your hair. Sun protection hair is therefore just as important as sun protection for the skin. You can read here how you can best protect your skin & hair.
The danger of the sun
There are a number of dangers to be aware of when going out into the sun. For example, your skin can burn, age and even increase the risk of skin cancer if you go too often unprotected in the sun.
- To burn; if you sit in the sun for too long without the right protection, your skin can burn. The skin becomes red and warm and blisters can even develop in the event of a very bad burn. There is a high risk of sunstroke in case of severe burns. You can get a fever and feel very sick.
- skin aging; too often unprotected in the sun accelerates the aging process of the skin. This means that wrinkles appear faster and that skin elasticity is lost.
- skin cancer; the most serious consequence of being in the sun for too long is skin cancer. When the skin cells are damaged by the sun, small scars appear in the cells. The more of these scars there are, the greater the risk of skin cancer.
The effect of the sun on your hair
In addition to the fact that it is extremely important to properly protect your skin from the sun. You should also protect your hair from the sun. The sun can dry out your hair and cause split ends. In addition, it often happens that your hair bleaches due to the sun. You could compare the sun to using a hair dryer, we all know that this is not very good for your hair. Do you have dyed hair? Then your hair is even more sensitive to sunlight because it fades and damages the color faster. It is therefore important to provide sun protection for your hair. Bee Hair lust you are at the right place for this. In addition, you can protect your hair extra by wearing a cap and staying out of the sun as much as possible with wet hair. Water drops increase the effect of the sun on your hair.
Protect your skin from the sun
Sunscreen on holiday is just as indispensable as your passport. Although the UV rays of the sun ensure the production of vitamin D. Is too much sun harmful to your health. That is why it is important to protect yourself from the sun. When purchasing sunscreen, it is important to pay attention to a number of things:
- Note the type of UV filter. You can choose from chemical filters or mineral filters. Chemical filters ensure that the sunscreen penetrates your skin and renders sunlight harmless by absorbing it. Mineral filters provide a protective layer on your skin that reflects the sun's rays. Both filters work equally well and each have their own advantages and disadvantages. For example, a chemical filter must first be absorbed for 15 to 30 minutes and a mineral sunscreen works immediately. Can a chemical filter cause skin complaints and is a mineral filter suitable for all skin types? On the other hand, the mineral sunscreen remains on your skin, which can give you a greasy feeling or a white haze on your skin. Chemical filters are easily absorbed. Mineral filters are often seen as the most environmentally friendly.
- Choose the highest possible factor. The higher the factor, the longer the sunscreen can protect your skin.
- Protect yourself from the sun in other ways, too. Wear a hat, sunglasses, or a shirt for sun protection.
- Don't forget to protect your skin and hair even on cloudy days. A cloudy day is very treacherous and the sun can even damage through the clouds.
- -Before you leave for the place of destination it is important to check the rules surrounding sunburn. Some countries have a ban on certain types of sunscreen or certain ingredients in the sunscreen to protect the environment.
- Use a different sunscreen for your face than for the rest of your body. The skin on your face is a lot thinner and therefore needs more protection.