TRAVEL NEWS – January 07, 2021: Cruise company Holland America Line is canceling more sailings for 2021, in addition to the cancellations that were already there up to and including April 30, 2021. In this message, the company provides additional information about the cancellations and also the cancellation options, such as a voucher or full refund. The links to the cancellation form are also included in the message.
Table of contents
Holland America Line
As Holland America Line continues to prepare and develop its plans to comply with the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the company is extending the hiatus from cruise operations for all departures through April 30, 2021. This includes departures to Alaska, Mexican Riviera, Pacific coast, Caribbean, Mediterranean and Canada/New England.
The line also cancels all Alaska cruises through mid-May, all three-ship Alaska departures through early June, all Land + Sea Journeys related to canceled Alaska sailings, Mediterranean cruises through early June, and Zaandam's Canada/New England itineraries through August.
Canceled Cruises 2021
- All cruise sailings through April 30, 2021.
- Alaska: Eurodam and Oosterdam up to and including the first week of June (return from Seattle); Koningsdam until mid-May (return from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada); Nieuw Amsterdam and Noordam until mid-May (tour Vancouver and between Vancouver and Whittier, Alaska); and Zuiderdam at the beginning of June (return from Vancouver).
- Mediterranean: Volendam cruises until early June (between Venice and Civitavecchia [Rome], Italy); However, Westerdam at the beginning of June (return from Venice or between Venice and Piraeus [Athens], Greece).
- Canada/New England: Zaandam cruises through August (between Boston, Massachusetts and Montreal, Quebec, Canada).
Guests and their travel agents will be notified of cancellations and options for Future Cruise Credits (FCC) and rebookings.
Holland America Line closely follows CDC protocol and prepares ships and implements procedures to meet all approval requirements to operate after the break.
Guests automatically receive bonus future cruise credit
Cruises that are automatically affected will be canceled and you do not need to do anything when you choose the Future Cruise Credit. All guests will receive an FCC per person as follows:
- Fully paid: Those who have paid in full will receive 125% FCC of the base cruise fare paid to Holland America Line.
- Not fully paid: Those with bookings not paid in full will receive an FCC of double their deposit. The minimum FCC is $100 and the maximum is an amount equivalent to the base cruise fare paid.
The FCC is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and can be used to book sailings departing through December 31, 2022. Purchases made on a non-cruise fare, such as shore excursions, gifts, dining and spa, will not transfer to a new one booking and will be refunded to the original payment method. Other amounts, such as airfares paid to Holland America Line, may be transferred to a new booking or automatically refunded to the payment method used to purchase the services.
Full refund option also available
Guests who prefer a 100% refund of the money paid to Holland America Line can apply no later than February 15, 2021 form for cancellation preferences to indicate their preference.
The above options do not apply to guests who have booked a charter sailing. If the cruise is not booked through Holland America Line, different booking and cancellation terms and policies may apply. See the terms and conditions in the cancellation form for all the details.
Holland America Line has previously suspended global cruise operations and canceled all departures on all ships through March 31, 2021.