You really don't have to fly across the globe for an unforgettable holiday. You just get on your iron steed and discover what's beautiful in it Europe to discover. For some inspiration we give you three beautiful motorcycle routes in Europe. Ode to our beautiful planet and long live freedom!
Table of contents
3x beautiful motorcycle routes in Europe
1. The Trollstigen Route in Norway
Have you always wanted to explore the Scandinavian countries? In just over half a day's drive you are in Oslo, Norway† The country is known for its fjords and beautiful nature. The troll route, or the Trollstigen, runs right through this nature. It is a spectacular, spicy mountain road with 11 sharp hairpin bends that demand a lot from your driving skills. The road leads you past green mountains, fjords, waterfalls and viewpoints where you can stop to enjoy the breathtakingly beautiful view, such as at Stigerøra. The Trollstigen route is, quite rightly, on the World Heritage List of UNESCO.
2. The Transfagarasan in Romania
Do you like heights and like to explore new places? Then the Transfagarasan is in Romania the route you have to drive! This is also a spectacular road, right through the Fagaras Mountains, Transylvania and Wallachia. The road leads you over winding roads, hairpin bends and past eerie cliffs and fantastic views. From the starting point of Sibiu, one of the most beautiful cities in Transylvania, you go like a meandering river through the stunningly beautiful landscape. Stop at Bâlea Glacial Lake with its stunning waterfall, lofty peaks and views of the surrounding area. Other stops include the imposing 165-meter-high Vidraru Dam, Poenari Castle, once owned by Vlad the Impaler, aka Dracula, and the beautiful Monastery of Argeş.
3. The Amalfi Coast in Italy
Also the route along the Amalfi Coast in Italy is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. This road will take you to picturesque spots and let you enjoy the beautiful coast with the azure blue water, the wonderful weather and Italian villages, cities, culture, history and of course that delicious cuisine! Many motorcyclists choose to start at Sorento, south of Naples. The landscape is varied with rolling, green hills and impressive cliffs and rocks. Some parts of the route are easy to drive and others require more of your driving skills. In short, a challenging, varied route that you will enjoy to the fullest!
Tips for a good preparation of an unforgettable roadtrip!
- Make sure your motorcycle is in top condition. Do a check-up and repair any defects.
- Invest in a good one motorcycle helmet, this saves you a lot of comfort and is much safer. Affordable, high-quality helmets are for example from the brands Schuberth, Shark, Arai, Caberg and Scorpion.
- Invest in a good lock. The brands AXA, Vinz and Abus offer affordable locks with the ART quality mark.
- Also invest in useful accessories, such as a good visor, a top case and Bluetooth communication equipment.
- Plan your route with plenty of time every day for each distance and do not take too much or too little luggage with you.